Monday, June 27, 2011

Reviews & a recipe: Dunkan Hines Decadent Brownies & Jet Puff Stacker Marshmallows

It is s'more season! So to celebrate I combined to products that were both free with coupons and make S'more Brownies.  I used Duncan Hines Dark Fudge Chunk Decadent Brownie Mix (prepared as directed on box), graham crackers and Jet Puff Stacker Marshmallows.  I layered the brownie mix with graham crackers and put the Jet Puff Stackers on top and baked.  Let's see the results for these mixed review brownies.

Dunkan Hines Dark Fudge Chunk Decadent Brownie Mix: I did not like this brownie mix.  Raw, the taste was rich and had small chunks as well as tiny real chocolate crumbs.  I thought for sure these would result in super chocolatey brownies.  FAIL! They barely taste like chocolate at all.  The "chunks" melt and seem to leave no trail of chocolate taste behind.  They taste annoyingly sweet, even if you peel away the marshmallow and graham crackers which I added, you still get a sickingly sweet non-chocolate brownie.  My resident sweet toothers passed after just one bite!

Jet Puff Stacker Marshmallows: Love them! They are not just cute but functional too! These are flat rectangle shaped marshmallows meant to  I laid these over the brownie mix before baking and crossed my fingers, usually regular marshmallows burn. These melted evenly and not too much, they browned slightly and did not burn at all.  Once cooled they remain soft and not crispy.  The Jet Puff Stacker Marshmallows taste great, fresh and not too sweet.  They have the classic marshmallow flavor.  I could not stop eating these and I must admit, I'm not a big marshmallow lover!  I would buy these, love them!

So there you have it, using a Buy 2 cake mixes get a Decadent cake mix free coupon and a Buy Hershey's and graham crackers and get Jet Puff Marshmallows free coupon, I made these s'mores brownies!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment